Now Hiring: Assistant Marketing and Business Development Director
Sweetwater Enterprise for Economic Development
Municipal Development District
810 East Broadway Ave., Sweetwater, Texas 79556
Until Position Filled
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
The City of Sweetwater participates in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) at the seven percent employee deposit rate with a municipal matching ratio of 2:1 and offers a full range of insurance, leave and other benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Assist Executive Director in marketing campaigns including but not limited to development of printed collateral materials, advertisements, e-mail marketing, industry-specific communications, and content creation for social media.
- Maintain website and social media on regular basis; develop new content for consistent messaging and branding purposes.
- Create ideas for content; write and edit SEED MDD newsletters, news blasts, and community presentations for internal and external audiences
- Assist Executive Director in composing promotional articles, press releases and summary reports.
- Provide highly responsible administrative and technical support to the Executive Director
- Be familiar with the Texas Open Meeting Act to prepare monthly board meeting agendas and minutes.
- Prepare accounts payable requests to be reviewed by the Executive Director.
- Participate in budget preparation activities; monitor and coordinate budget information for budget preparation activities; assist in monitoring budget expenditures.
- Provide assistance in coordinating, planning and organizing EDC-related functions as assigned.
- Help establish a business visitation program to build relationships with existing businesses in Sweetwater, with the aim of assisting successful businesses in any plans to expand, and identifying at-risk companies, or those that are considering closing or relocating. Visits will center on an interview with the firm’s president and lead staff to learn how the public sector might help the firm.
- Create and disseminate surveys of existing businesses to better understand current and projected needs in Sweetwater.
- Develop and implement a database of real estate offerings in Sweetwater and keep these updated on the EDC website.
- Maintain confidentiality of all prospect information; confidential information may include company name, type of industry, as well as highly sensitive financial information.
- Some travel is required with an occasional overnight stay
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
- Must live in the Sweetwater Municipal Development District once hired
- Experience in administrative responsibility
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and interpersonal ability in a professional setting
- Strong moral compass and self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively, in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have a current driver’s license and reliable transportation
Website link: https://sweetwatertexas.net/
Please submit an application, cover letter and resume to Miesha@SweetwaterTexas.net